Sunday 29 March 2009

Romani in podcasto sunt! Maxime!


I've been meaning to blog about this for a while - one of the joys of my morning commute down to Lewes has been some excellent podcasts - and one of the best has been a home grown podcast from the States called The History of Rome.

The author is Mike Duncan from Seattle and I have been listening to him give vivid accounts of the rise of Rome from a backwater village to the conqueror of most of the know world. Mike manages to convey in an hour the next key piece of history in both an authoritative and fun way - and some of his droll and very apt comments on how Roman Republican politics mirror our current world. The episode on Spartacus is really good.

Mike is currently in the midst of the Second Triumvirate and we are about to embark on the rise of the Empire (I believe Mike is currently in the process of enjoying Hymen's delights and will be back in two weeks). Really worth a listen and I do hope he continues through to 476 (or perhaps 1453).

1 comment:

King Tut said...

Great contents, I read about the byzantine history at Divisions of The Byzantine History

Blog Archive